Prince Andrew: London Metropolitan Police “takes no further action” against the Duke of York

Read Time:2 Minute, 42 Second


The Metropolitan Police Department decided to abandon the investigation after reviewing a number of documents, including a document issued in August 2021 as part of Giuffre’s civil lawsuit in the United States.

“This review has ended, and we will not take further action,” the force said in a statement emailed to CNN on Monday.

Giuffre is the victim of a sex offender and a discredited financier Jeffrey Epstein, who claims that she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew. She said she was trafficked by Epstein when she was a minor and forced to have sex with his friends, including the Duke of York.

Andrew has denied Giuffre’s similar allegations in the past. On Monday, a source close to Prince Andrew said, “The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that they did not take further action after the third review of the allegations of sexual assault against the Duke, which is not surprising.”

“Despite the pressure from the media and the claims of new evidence, the Met has concluded that these claims are not sufficient to warrant any further investigation. The Duke has been vigorously defending his innocence and continues to do so,” the source added.

Prince Andrew’s lawyer admits that he has received a joint submission of U.S. court documents
Metropolis also stated that it will not take action after reviewing the claims found in a June investigation by London-based Channel 4 News. Targeted claims have been trafficked, modified or abused by Epstein and British socialite Gislain Maxwell in the UK for more than a decade.” Maxwell pleaded not guilty to sex trafficking and other charges.

“We also reviewed the information passed to us by a media agency in June 2021. This review has been completed and no further action will be taken,” the Metropolitan Police Department said.

The statement added that the force “continues to maintain contact with other law enforcement agencies that lead investigations into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein.”

A photo appears to show Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein’s accuser Virginia Roberts Juffrey and Gislain Maxwell in the background.
A few months ago, Metropolitan Police Chief Cressida Dick told LBC Radio that when asked about the charges against the Duke of York, “no one can be above the law”.

“The current position is that we have received more than one allegation related to Mr. Epstein. We have reviewed these allegations and evaluated them, but we have not yet launched an investigation,” Dick said at the time.

litigation

Last month, Jufrey’s lawyer provided the senior official of the British royal family with the legal documents needed for the lawsuit.

In the lawsuit, Giuffre alleges that Prince Andrew sexually abused her at the invitation of Epstein and Maxwell when she was a minor. The alleged sexual abuse occurred at Maxwell’s home in London and Epstein’s home in Manhattan. And on his private island in the United States. The Virgin Islands.

Both Buckingham Palace and Prince Andrew vehemently denied her accusations.

But Andrew’s relationship with Epstein and Maxwell (Epstein’s ex-girlfriend) continues to haunt him.

The US authorities have previously accused Andrew of not cooperating in an attempt to interview him as part of an investigation into the suspected sex trade group Epstein and Maxwell.

The prince retired from his royal duties after being interviewed by the BBC in 2019. It is generally believed that he damaged his credibility during the interview. He rarely appears in public now.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %